HIC-Vac is an international network of researchers working on volunteer infection studies, to help tackle global diseases through new and better vaccines.
Here are some ways that our Network is supporting research:
- We bring together the brightest minds in the field to help generate new ideas.
- We support the next generation of excellent researchers through training, and encourage established researchers to share expertise.
- We help develop guidelines to make volunteer infections studies the best they can be.
- We encourage sharing of information and results to speed up research.
- We fund small projects to give exciting new ideas a kick-start.
The Network will be running for 4 years, and it's funded by two government research funding organisations - the MRC and BBSCR. It's part of a bigger project called the Global Challenges Research Fund, a government initiative to make sure UK research takes a leading role in addressing the problems faced by developing countries.